Sir John is staying with us!

Home Forums The Kevin Tomlinson SLE Forum Sir John is staying with us!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  silktown 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

harrystokesmtfc
    Participant

Salford have appointed Graham Alexander as their new manager after Bernard Morley and Anthony Johnson left their roles as joint managers?

So one explanation only, Sir John IS STAYING WITH US!!!!

Happy Silkmen fans?

Tythyfan
    Participant

Salford aren’t the only club looking for a new manager remember so don’t get your hopes up too much.

Dobby
    Participant

I did wonder at the time if John’s well publicised breakfast with SAF a few weeks ago might have been an informal interview on behalf of Ferguson’s mates at Salford. So maybe that didn’t go so well???
    Who knows?
    Definitely our gain but there could be other predators lurking

Tythyfan
    Participant

It does seem ironic that Gary Neville is at the helm of Salford given his own management “career” !
    I think Graham Alexander might not last too long (nor would anyone) working for Neville as he has shown little loyalty to the previous management team.
    It will all end well in tears.

saltpie
    Participant

BBC Sport says he has signed a 4 year contract, I guess that will soften any blow if he is sacked.

Tythyfan
    Participant

I take it you don’t mean SJA !!!!!
    Yes 4 years @ maybe £150k – not bad. Just smile and take the money 🤣🤣🤣

gettoit
    Participant

SAF has attended games at the Moss quite a few times over the last couple of years. I don’t believe for a second that the pre-game breakfast was any kind of informal interview for the Salford job.

Dobby
    Participant

Gettoit.
    Yes,I’m sure you are right, and hope so as I like all of them but it would be a natural thing to do if you put yourself in the shoes of Gary Neville or whoever was recruiting, to ring your old boss who has met the Champion manager of your new league, lives not a million miles away and has the perfect CV, to ask him what he thinks?
    Perhaps Alex told told him to get stuffed and leave the manager of his local club alone!

macchiavelli
    Participant

That may not be the end of the matter, inasmuch as Mr Alexander might still be interested in snaffling some of our players.

oilboil
    Participant

Askey for EVERTON??

Who knows – he’s already proven he can win the league with a small fanbase and no money – could be exactly what the Toffees need

macchiavelli
    Participant

We can play ping-pong with these theories as long as we like, but we all know who ultimately controls the purse strings here, and they will decide what happens next season. You and I will have precisely zero input, and even JA (if he stays), can only try to do his best with the scraps he will be fed.

You could argue that, ‘He’s done it before, so he can do it again’. No pressure then John!

silktown
    Participant

Good post Macchia

Keep the forum ticking over when there’s no other info available (as usual)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.