Forum or no forum?

Home Forums The Kevin Tomlinson SLE Forum Forum or no forum?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Paddysboyz 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

macchiavelli
    Participant

A bit baffled as to why the ‘new administrators’ have seen fit to solely poll the ‘Facebook Group’ as to whether the SLE forum should continue. Unspecified ‘technical difficulties’ have been alluded to, but there have been over 8000 posts since Bob T, ‘Father of the SLE site’, set this up.

I really hope that, now Bob has moved on, (Poacher turned gamekeeper, LOL!), that there isn’t now an appetite to shut this site down. I think it would be a shadow of its former self if the forum were to close.

To be honest, I was of the impression it had already died, judging by the lack of activity.

Paddysboyz
    Keymaster

It was effectively a ‘straw poll’ to get an insight into what people felt. The technical difficulties are linked to an issue that would now cost money to sort out that was not the case when Bob did initially make use of it to guarantee simpler access for users.

What has become clear is that there is a significant majority in favour of the message board remaining active and so it is clearly worth any potential finacial outlay šŸ™‚

Kind regards

PB šŸ™‚

Silkmanfwd
    Participant

As a regular contributer I am delighted that the forum will continue. Well done Paddysboyz and others.

Fursie
    Participant

Hope it stays up but appreciate that someone has to pay the bills. I like this forum as I find it more friendly than the other one. It has gone a big quiet on here lately though.

This is a much more modern and better platform than the other one which is very dated.

Silkmanfwd
    Participant

With apologies for possible plagerism ‘We say it best when we say nothing at all’!!

Paddysboyz
    Keymaster

It is hoped that everything will be sorted by this weekend and then people should not (hopefully) have the same access difficulties to the message board.

Kindest regards

PB šŸ™‚

macchiavelli
    Participant

Wasn’t aware of any access difficulties, but I think it’s a good thing that the SLE forum is continuing.šŸ‘

macchiavelli
    Participant

No posting on the forum for 2 days. Use it or lose it!

Paddysboyz
    Keymaster

Absolutely spot on MV!

Kind regards

PB šŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.