Danny Whitehead

Home Forums The Kevin Tomlinson SLE Forum Danny Whitehead

This topic contains 27 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Fooldude 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hearing he has signed for Salford City 😢

Tythyfan
    Participant

He won’t be the only one who prefers to move on for probably more money and certainly a guarantee of being paid each month.
    Playing in the top half of the National League can be more rewarding than scrabbling about at the bottom of League Two.

mossrosemacc
    Participant

Apparently on £3k a week. Will become the highest paid player in the Conference. £150k a year at the age of 24. Never in a million years could he turn that down. Huge signing on bonus too.

mossrosemacc
    Participant

Salford are paying Whitehead a mere EIGHT times what we were paying him last season and over double what he was paid at Wigan. He’s a good player, but that’s sheer lunacy in financial terms – he would have signed for Salford for less than half the money they’ve given him!

Tythyfan
    Participant

Well if true that really confirms my fears. Who could turn that kind of money down. Salford can match their high ambition with money. We can only match our money with survival.

kendo-nagasaki
    Participant

Never in a million years is Danny Whitehead likely to earn £3000 a week at Salford

saltpie
    Participant

The early posters elsewhere were qouting £2000 per week tis then went up to £2500 pw , now £3000 pw.
    At this rate this time next week he will be rivalling several premiership players wages.

gettoit
    Participant

IF true, Salford can basically afford anyone they want up to League One / Championship level. Pointless worrying about this, we need players who want to be at MTFC. Salford won’t sign everyone – there are plenty of players out there who could do the job for us in League Two. If Danny Whitehead or anyone else is off to Salford, good luck to them and thanks for the memories. We can’t compete with that level of money, nor can anyone else in the Conference and probably League Two either.

Jrwalker93
    Participant

Frustrating in that its disappointing to see him drop down. Believe he has a young family (correct me if im wrong) so hard to argue if the money is right for him and wish him all the best. As much as I despise Salford if this goes through I’ve got no doubt he’ll tear it up for them.

Moseleys Holes
    Participant

£2500 has per week.

Chicken feed to some clubs in League 2. That is the world we have entered.

Eastleigh would have being paying some that, I suspect…

Boomer23
    Participant

Eastleigh’s benefactor has gone. That is how fragile these clubs can become when they rely on overblown egos trying to propel small or infant clubs into the higher echelons. We can only maintain our tradition and history while these people try to leapfrog us and destroy a pay structure which is sensible and sustainable. Rushden and Diamonds have become Rushton Spencer. Colne Dynamoes are Colne Dinosaurs. Sofa City anyone?

gettoit
    Participant

Well said boomer23.

Paddysboyz
    Keymaster

Salford are fast becoming the new Forest Green and the disdain for them will continue to grow with the increasing feeling that they will buy themselves into the Football league!!

I for one could not blame for Danny taking his chance with Salford if the highlighted figures for his services are offered. hHving said all that I would far sooner support a club who achieves success against all odds as opposed to ones who may achieve success with practically all the odds stacked in their favour!

I AM SILKMEN TILL I DIE!!

Kindest regards

PB 🙂

mossrosemacc
    Participant

Paul Lewis would be a more than adequate replacement. Askey will be able to get the best out of him.

SilkyPilks
    Participant

As much i do believe whiteheads gone where do these rumours come from? So far ive heard and read- pilks has retired, Askeys going to salford, whiteheads gone to salford, fitzys going to salford, durrells signed for pboro now he’s going to luton, and luton want danny whit, il b hearing keith lowes going back to wolves next

Malc
    Participant

The reason Shwan isn’t being offered terms is because he is off to host MOTD next season.

macchiavelli
    Participant

When there isn’t any news, some fans are always quick to make up their own.

The retained list seems fairly predictable. I did raise an eyebrow when I saw that neither ‘keeper was being kept, but maybe JA already has someone lined up? I think it will be a good indicator of where we stand for next season if the likes of Lowe, Fitz, Marsh, Hancox, etc., accept or reject their offers.

TBF, JA has proved that he’s very good at it, but I would really rather not have to completely rebuild a team from scratch yet again.

Drakebean
    Participant

Not great news to start the summer off. Spent some time last year scouting for a club above the border and sat next to Salford’s head of scouting and Chris Casper at the home game against Sutton before New Year. They were looking at Danny and Scott Wilson back then assuming they won promotion. ‘Best CM at this level’ were there comments to myself. Sadly they have benefactors above and beyond the majority of clubs in NL and L2, especially us.

toddymacc
    Participant

Now confirmed

Good luck Danny

macchiavelli
    Participant

Let’s hope an exit doesn’t turn into an exodus. 😟

Dobby
    Participant

Yes you can almost hear the new manager at Salford
    “Now then Danny, which ones of your team mates did you rate? Who made the team into champions?”

cheeseburger
    Participant

Anyone care to let us know how the negotiations are going? Thought not. 1 has rejected so far, would be nice to get news of someone who has accepted – might give us a bit of confidence we’re not going to haemorrhage the whole team like we did last summer.

HappyClapper
    Participant

It’s the same blokes in charge of the money. Why do you expect anything different from last season?

BTW have AA and MB ever publicly acknowledged the achievements of the squad and their football management team?

onthebrink
    Participant

They’re probably saving that for the ‘Fans Forum’ 😉

Paddysboyz
    Keymaster

Who can blame the lad when he’s probably had his wages trebled at the very least?!!

I would like to thank Danny for all his efforts and wish him all the very best for the future 🙂

Kindest regards

PB 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.